Student film named semifinalist in Producers Guild of America competition
A film created by Media School senior Dakota Taylor, president of the Indiana Student Cinema Guild, and a group of IU students is a semifinalist in the Producers Guild of America’s Make Your Mark Competition.
The film, Anodyne, is a story about a frontline nurse returning from war only to discover the truth about the nation she was fighting for.
The guild selected Anodyne as a top 10 entry in the global filmmaking competition, which includes professional filmmakers. The film is now being screened and judged, and the students will fly to Los Angeles in November for a celebration and screening.
- Director/writer: Dakota Taylor, Media School senior
- Producer/writer: Caleb Wallace, non-IU student
- Producer: Emily Ward, BA’18
- Art director/hair and makeup: Julia Zhu, Media School junior
- Director of photography: Andrew Torbenson, Media School junior
- B-unit cinematographer: Victor Grossling, Media School senior
- Editor: Sam Oates, School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering junior
Audio engineer: Nick Kinney, Jacobs School of Music senior
- Composer: Jack Ritter, Jacobs School of Music sophomore
- Audio PA/composer: Luke Cherchenko, Jacobs School of Music sophomore
- Unit production manager: Sami Masaki, Media School junior
- Location manager: Caitlin Noppenberger, Media School sophomore
- Mia Siffin, Department of Theatre, Drama, and Contemporary Dance senior
- Tayler Fischer, Media School senior
- Max Weinberg, Department of Theatre, Drama, and Contemporary Dance senior
- Caleb Wallace, non-IU student