Digital Cinema Academy
The 2020 Dates Have Been Confirmed!
July 20-24, 2020
The Digital Cinema Academy is an intensive summer program for high school students interested in creating films.
Spend a week using industry-standard production techniques and equipment, and learning the full process of filmmaking from industry leaders. Take in lectures on cinematic production from some of the most successful names in Hollywood, including prominent executive producers, Emmy Award-winning directors and other professionals who have crewed big-name television and film titles.
The five-day program will introduce you to all the different phases of filmmaking, from pre-production to post-production. You’ll collaborate with fellow high school filmmakers to produce a short film in just one week.
This program is highly selective and limited to 20 students.
Each night will incorporate a film screening and reflection. Other activities include:
- Facilities tour and equipment orientation
- Lecture: Cinema production basics
- Group work: Production activity
- Lecture: Screenwriting
- Introduction to writing for film production
- Group work: Story development
- Lecture: Evaluating cinematic arts
- Introduction to artistic cinema critique and analysis
- Group work: Write/revise scripts, story pitches, script production
- Analysis and discussion of Wednesday evening screening
- Lecture: Sound design
- Introduction to Premiere Pro
- Group work: Script production and project editing, including sound
- Group work: Post-production, rough cut screenings and feedback, finalize and export projects
- Screen projects at public exhibition
Payment due by June 14th!